Mako™ Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
For patients, these state-of-the-art treatments provide an alternative option to traditional hip and knee replacement surgeries and can provide the following benefits.
Mako Partial and Total Knee
- Less implant wear and loosening
- Joint resurfacing
- Bone sparing
- Smaller incision
- Less scarring
- Reduced blood loss
- Shorter hospitalization
- Rapid recovery
- More natural feeling knee following surgery
Video recorded pre-COVID19
These procedures are performed by our specialty trained Mako-certified orthopedic surgeons in our award-winning Center for Orthopedic Excellence.
Mako Total Hip
- Accurate placement of the hip implant.
- More consistency in the leg length, potentially decreasing the need for a shoe lift.
- Dec reased risk of the implant and bone abnormally rubbing together. This may improve the lifetime of the implant.
All Mako procedures are performed at our Methuen campus, which has also earned The Joint Commission’s Disease-Specific Certification for Hip and Knee Surgeries and is nationally recognized by BlueCross and BlueShield of Massachusetts as a Blue Distinction Center® Plus for excellence in hip and knee replacements.