title="What Should I Know About Steward's Holy Family Hospitals?" fontawesome="fa-hospital-o" class="col-xs-12 col-sm-12" color="blue"
- Community Health & Outreach
- Senior Leadership Team
- Newsroom & Media
- Careers / For Professionals
- Satellite Locations
ABOUT HOLY FAMILY HOSPITAL:
Holy Family Hospital is a 310-bed full service, acute care hospital with two campuses located in Methuen and Haverhill, Massachusetts. Both locations provide comprehensive inpatient medical/surgical units, outpatients, and 24.7 emergency services, including eICUs, behavioral health units, cardiac telemetry and critical care service lines. Our Haverhill campus offers all private rooms and our Methuen campus offers a new state-of-the-art catheterization suite and joint Center of Excellence named as a Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction+ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement.
Awards & Recognition
We are proud to provide you with local access to award-winning services for specialties including orthopedics, wound care, women’s health, cardiovascular care, and stroke care.
In some cases we collaborate with other organizations:
- Medical oncology and hematology care are provided by Dana-Farber Community Cancer Care.
- Radiation oncology services are provided in collaboration with UMass Memorial Health Care.
- Newborn care in Our Level II Special Care Nursery is staffed 24 hours a day by Brigham and Women's Newborn Care Physicians.
- Emergency stroke care is provided by our specially trained ER staff through telemedicine with Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) stroke neurologists.
National Quality Approval
- Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission, an independent, not-for-profit
organization, whose certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality, reflecting an organization’s commitment to meeting specific performance standards. The Joint Commission’s vision is that all patients always experience the safest, highest quality, best-value health care across all settings.
Holy Family Hospital earned an “A” Hospital Safety Grade for Fall 2018 from the nationally recognized Leapfrog Group, an independent healthcare industry watchdog. Leapfrog’s Safety Grade gives health care consumers guidance about the safety of general acute-care hospitals, so they have the information they need when choosing a hospital for care. The Safety Grade represents a hospital’s overall capacity to keep patients safe from preventable harm and medical errors.
- Holy Family Hospital earned the Leapfrog Group Top Hospital Award, highlighting nationally recognized achievements in patient safety and quality. The Leapfrog Top Hospital award is one of the most competitive honors American hospitals can receive. For the second consecutive year, Holy Family Hospital has earned the Top General Hospital Award from The Leapfrog Group. Holy Family Hospital is one of only 35 hospitals nationwide and is the only hospital in the Merrimack Valley and southern New Hampshire to earn this distinction for performance on national standards of quality and safety.
- FIRST in Massachusetts to earn Advanced Certification in Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery from The Joint Commission, the premier health care quality improvement and accrediting body in the nation. This advanced certification demonstrates our commitment to the improvement of patient care and safety for the increasing number of patients undergoing total hip or total knee replacement surgery.
- Nationally Recognized as a Blue Distinction Center® Plus for Excellence in Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery by BlueCross BlueShield of Massachusetts.
A Center of Excellence - Holy Family Hospital's Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center has been named a Center of Excellence six years in a row by Healogics, the nation's largest provider of advanced wound care services.
- A Top Performing Community Hospital in the Country 2016 - Holy Family Hospital earned the prestigious Community Value 100 Designation as One of the Top Performing Community Hospitals in the Country from the nationally recognized data and consulting firm, Cleverley + Associates.
- Selected, as part of Steward Health Care, to participate in the Massachusetts Demonstration Project for the new Massachusetts Medicaid Accountable Care Organization (ACO) to help transform the current Medicaid program, known as MassHealth, to an integrated model for the almost 2 million patients who use it. To be in an ACO, providers must show they can coordinate care with community partners across a continuum of care, something Steward Health Care already proved it can do well, as it has been part of the Federal Next Generation Medicare ACO, considered one of the most successful Medicare ACOs in the country. The Next Generation ACO aspires to attain the highest quality standards of care at lower costs to Medicare patients.
This is all part of our commitment to providing high-quality, compassionate care right here in your community where you can focus on your health and your family’s health without having to travel far. Most importantly, we strive to treat your family as we would our own