Scheduled, emergency, interventional and routine diagnostic imaging services are provided for inpatients in our care and for outpatients by appointment. Our team will work with you to schedule the earliest available appointment at the location with the most appropriate imaging modality for your health care needs.
Our primary locations are at our campuses in Methuen and Haverhill. In addition, we also offer PET imaging in both Methuen and Haverhill, and walk-in options for diagnostic X-rays.
Diagnostic services and technologies offered include the following:
- 64-Slice Computerized Tomography (CT) Scanning
- Low-Dose CT Lung Cancer Screening
- Diagnostic Radiology (X-ray)
- Mammography, including 3-D mammography provided in Methuen
- Nuclear Medicine
- PET-CT Imaging, provided by New England PET Imaging
- Bone Density Testing
- Dysphagia Swallowing Testing
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Neurological Testing (EEG and EMG)
The most exciting advancement in breast cancer detection in more than 30 years is now available at our Methuen campus. 3-D mammography offers benefits over more conventional screening technologies and techniques, improving early detection of smaller breast cancers.
Holy Family Hospital’s state-of-the-art Hologic Affirm® Upright Stereotactic Biopsy device is less invasive than surgical biopsy. Patients go home the same day - and are in and out of the Breast Care Center in about an hour. The procedure itself takes about 15 minutes, leaves little to no scarring, and following the procedure patients have little to no down time.
With the Hologic 3Dimensions™ Mammography System, the Center offers patients:
- -A better 3D breast screening experience
- -Higher quality images for the radiologist
- -More comfort for the patient
- -Sharper images and smarter technology find breast cancers regardless of age or breast density
- -Only the HOLOGIC 3D Mammography has been proven to detect 20 to 65 percent more invasive cancer than 2D alone.
- -The Hologic 3D MAMMOGRAPHY™ Exam is the only mammogram proven to be superior with women with dense breasts.
- -Sees lesions more clearly
- -Reduces the number of unnecessary call-backs and biopsies
- -C-View synthetic 2D software images designed, clinically validated, and FDA approved - reduce the dose to the patient.
Breast Care Center Accredited for Stereotactic Biopsy
The Breast Care Center at Holy Family Hospital - Methuen, is pleased to announce it has been accredited for stereotactic biopsies by the American College of Radiology. Stereotactic breast biopsy uses mammographic images to help locate breast abnormalities, and guide a probe to the area of interest to remove tissue for biopsy.
* The mammography facilities at Holy Family Hospital’s Methuen and Haverhill campuses are certified by the American College of Radiology, the Mammography Quality Standards Act and are licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.