Gastroenterology Center at Holy Family Hospital
Holy Family Hospital’s team of Gastroenterologists and surgeons concentrates on the diagnosis, treatment and management of the full spectrum of gastrointestinal diseases and conditions.
Our team of board-certified gastroenterologists, registered nurses and endoscopy specialists uses the latest techniques to perform thousands of procedures annually on our Methuen and Haverhill Hospital campuses and Andover Surgery Center to screen, identify, and treat a full spectrum of GI conditions.
Colonoscopy, one of the most commonly performed endoscopic procedures, is a critical screening tool for cancer and other diseases of the colon.
Cancer of the colon and rectum is the third most common type of cancer, and the second leading cause of cancer deaths, but is almost completely preventable through the use of regular screening tests.
Beginning at age 50 or for patients with a family history of colon cancer, a colonoscopy should be performed every 5 to 10 years.
At Holy Family Hospital we use a multidisciplinary approach that is accomplished through close collaboration between gastroenterologists, general surgeons, fellowship-trained colorectal surgeons, hematologists and oncologists and radiologists – all working together toward the best possible outcome for patients.
Our Gastroenterology Services include:
● Colonoscopy for colorectal cancer screening with polyp removal
● Diagnosis and management of inflammatory bowel disease
● Irritable bowel syndrome
● Fecal transplantation for treatment of C. difficile infection
● Endoscopic procedures for GERD/ acid reflux disease & heartburn
● Esophageal motility studies and 24-hour pH monitoring
● Botox injection for esophageal dysmotility (contractions in the esophagus)
● Dilation of the esophagus to relieve swallowing disorders
● Management of esophageal diseases
● Endoscopic procedures ulcers and diverticulitis
● Argon plasma coagulation for treatment of bleeding of the digestive tract
● Management of Hepatitis B and C, and other liver diseases
● Gallbladder problems and gallstones
● Diagnostic and therapeutic biliary endoscopy
● Video capsule endoscopy
● Small bowel enteroscopy
● Placement of feeding tubes into the stomach (PEG) or small intestine (PEJ)
● ERCP to study the bile ducts, pancreatic duct and gallbladder
● Management of gastrointestinal cancers
● Palliation of gastrointestinal cancers
● Endoscopic ultrasound with fine needle aspiration for gastrointestinal cancers
● Rubber band ligation of hemorrhoids